Tabletop role-playing games for the Artifacts & Trolls Card Game by Proyecto Ensamble. One of the things we wanted to achieve with the Artifacts & Trolls Playing Cards game was the ability to play it solo. This was fulfilled in the original instructions of the card. But now, we also bring you the Role Playing version, where you start on a dangerous journey to complete the chosen objectives, and you will face countless Trolls who will be your enemies, which you will have to avoid using your Characters and Artifacts.
This expanded version of the game, which transforms your deck into not 2, but 3 games, will make playing it solo no problem. The gameplay bears some resemblance to the classic Magic card game, or the Latin American version of Mitos y Leyendas. Here I explain how to do it.
To start you must have:
- Deck Artifacts & Trolls
- 4-sided dice or, failing that, 6-sided dice. To use the 6-sided die as if it were a 4-sided die, follow this method: roll the die, if a number between 1 and 4 comes up you are within the range, but if you roll and it comes up 5 or 6, use these numbers to count back from 1. For example, if 5 comes up and you count from 1 to 4, and 5 is one more number, therefore you start over in the count. Finally the number 5 represents the number 1 and the 6 the number 2.
Objective of the game:
Complete an objective card, that is, gather the three characters described on the card.
- Shuffle the deck of cards. turn it upside down
- Throw the dice, if you get 5 or 6, it is equivalent to 1 (5) and 2 (6).
- Draw from the deck the number of cards shown on the dice.
- You can have a maximum of 4 cards (Artifact, Character) and one target on the table. In total 5 cards
- If you get a troll, he stands in front of your cards, and there is a fight (they are the bad guys in the game)
- Your characters are the paladins who will fight against the Trolls. These have a number above (from the ace, which represents the value 20, through 2 to 10 and J, Q and K, which are all worth 10. This will be the score with which you will face the Trolls, who also have their own score.
- The Artifacts are what will power up your paladins to beat the Trolls. These can be placed under any character to boost their final number. The final number that the artifact will enhance the character, will be divided into 2. For example, if you get an artifact with the number 6, its power will be 3. For prime numbers like 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9, divide by 2 and round up. Remaining 1 in 1, 3 in 2, 5 in 3, 7 in 4 and 9 in 5.
- Once you have the 4 cards on the table (between characters and Artifacts) and you draw cards according to the dice, if you get trolls and artifacts, these become your battle. The rest of the cards go to the discard pile.
- If you get a target, and you want to change it to the one you currently have, you can do so and discard the old one to the discard pool.
- Once the deck runs out of cards, shuffle the discard pile and roll the die again to draw. The battle
- once you get a troll, you put it in front of you and prepare the character to fight him. You can assign an artifact to it by putting it below it to give it more points.
- If you get 2 or more trolls, you put them in front of you, and assign your characters to each troll (with their respective artifact, if you have them)
- If your character, alone or with an artifact, has more points than the troll, you beat him and he is discarded to the discard pile.
- You can assign 2 or more characters with their artifacts to a single troll
- you can keep a troll once you have beaten him, and he becomes part of your paladins. (You can do this to win the ultimate goal of having all 3 cards required by the objective, and thus win the game), only if you discard one of your characters first.
- If by score, the troll(s) kill your characters, you die.
- The joker troll functions as a super powerful 30 point troll that does NOT carry any artifacts.
- If you parried a troll attack with a character, they are removed, both the troll and the character